AAA/CAA Four Diamond Award
For the complete 2010 winners lists and additional information on the AAA Diamond Rating System, visit AAA.com/News on or after November 20, 2009.
- The 2,016 AAA/CAA Four Diamond Award® winners include 1,267 lodgings and 749 restaurants throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
- A total of 158 properties received the Four Diamond Award designation for the first time this year. This includes 106 lodgings and 52 restaurants.
- Overall, the number of Four Diamond Award winners has increased by 24 properties (compared to 1,992 winners last year). The net change includes 43 more lodgings and 19 fewer restaurants.
- AAA/CAA Four Diamond Award winners are a select group; for 2010, just 3.5 percent of the 58,000 AAA/CAA Diamond Rated lodgings and restaurants received the prestigious designation.
- Four Diamond lodgings account for just 4 percent of the more than 31,000 AAA Rated® lodgings.
- Four Diamond restaurants account for just 2.8 percent of the 27,000 AAA Rated restaurants.
- Fourteen lodgings have maintained the AAA/CAA Four Diamond Rating for 34 consecutive years, since the Diamond Ratings were instituted for lodgings in 1977.
- States/provinces with the most Four Diamond lodgings: California (155), Florida (109), Texas (79), Ontario (61), New York (43), Arizona (43), and Massachusetts (38).
- States/provinces with the most Four Diamond restaurants: Florida (65), California (64), Ontario (56), New York (42), Texas (37) and Nevada (31).
- States/provinces with the most Four Diamond Award winners: California (219) – 155 lodgings/64 restaurants, Florida (174) – 109 lodgings/65 restaurants, Ontario (117) 61 lodgings/56 restaurants, Texas (116) 79 lodgings/37 restaurants, and New York (85) 43 lodgings/42 restaurants.